I absolutely love fresh broad beans when they’re in season. No, I don’t particularly enjoy double podding them, but sometimes it’s worth going through that trouble for a special, seasonal breakfast.
Last time I was at the farmers market I literally said ‘I’ll take all your broad beans, thanks’. That was about 2 kgs worth of beans in the pod and that’s how much I love them 🙂
The combination of creamy sweet broad beans with smooth and salty tahini spread and feta, plus a squeeze of lemon is just about a perfectly matched combination of flavors.
Broad beans bruschetta with tahini miso spread
- 2 handfuls of broad beans in the pod
- 1 slice of feta, crumbled
- a bit of parsley to serve
- sourdough bread to serve
- 1 full TBSP coconut yogurt
- 1 full TBSP tahini
- 3 TBSP lemon + extra to serve
- 1/3 tsp miso
- Remove the broad beans from the pod.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the broad beans.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Pod the individual beans again, removing the outer skin. Put them in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the following ingredients to a small bowl: coconut yogurt, tahini, lemon and miso. Whisk until you get a fluffy, creamy spread.
- To serve, spread the sourdough slices with the tahini sauce, add broad beans on top, crumble feta and top with parsley.