Friends! Make. This. Dhal.
Seriously tho, this is the most delicious dahl I have tasted and I tasted a lot. It is packed with beautiful veggies and spices and is absolutely perfect for cold nights and couch snuggles. I have been making it religiously over the past month and it is making my tummy very happy every time. Big thanks to my chef-buddy Kat for the recipe inspo!
The best vegan dahl
- 1 sweet potato, chopped small
- 1 regular potato, chopped small
- 2 celery sticks, chopped small
- 1/2 corn cob, dekerneled
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped small
- 1 cup moong dhal
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 7 curry leaves
- 1 tsp English mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices ginger, finely minced
- a handful of coriander stalks, finely chopped
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3.5 cups water
- I made my dahl in my Magimix Cook Expert. For this I added everything to the cook bowl and I cooked it on the Simmer function for 1 hour and 30 minutes, on speed 1, at 95C.
- To make this in a pot, sautee the onion and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Then add the rest of the chopped veggies and sautee for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spices and seasoning and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and dahl and simmer for another 50 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with tempeh and fresh herbs and ENJOY 🙂