Hello everyone! Long time no blogging! What are YOU cooking these days? What new tips and tricks have YOU been learning?
I’ve been so busy these past few weeks with so many plans and projects underway. It’s all incredibly exciting and I cannot wait to launch & see how everything goes. All these incredibly amazing ventures have sadly left me with little time to write, not even a couple of words. But in any case, here I am. Hope you missed me xo
Besides lots of curry dishes (curry quinoa risotto, curry noodles, curry soup), I’ve been ‘cooking’ a lot of chia puddings (speaking of, have you seen my new YouTube channel?!?!!), yummy raw bliss balls and lots of noodles. Quick soba buckwheat noodles, lots of zucchini and carrot noodles, but also fancy celeriac and stir fry with a mix of zucchini, carrot and beetroot noodles.
My cookbook is doing so well, I am so so happy and a little bit less terrified that it’s out there in the world. The emails and messages I am receiving from readers and the photos they share with me on instagram are making me all so so happy. Knowing that my book can inspire a single person to get cooking, to make 1-2 healthier substitutions, to include more fruits and veggies in their lives….there’s not words to describe. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to write it, so grateful my publisher believed in me (even when I didn’t!) and so very grateful to each and every one of you who got your hands on a copy. You’re my little rock stars and I hope the book is everything you’re expecting it to be.
Now, I’m so happy to finally organise a little giveaway! Yay!! It’s open to EVERYONE. EVERYWHERE. Full details after recipe below.
Noodles and ribbons pizza on a chickpea crust
- 1 15.5-oz (439 g) can organic cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 1/4 medium zucchini, diced
- 1⁄3 cup (56 g) hemp hearts
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (capsicum), roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium zucchini, ribbon spirals (spiralize on the flat blade)
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, thick spirals
- 1 small baby eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 medium button mushroom, thinly sliced
- Cream Cheese of your choosing (the cookbook gives a vegan cream cheese recipe that works really well here), to taste
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- Basil leaves, to taste
- Your favorite Hot Chili Sauce (the cookbook also gives an amazing recipe if you want to make your own fermented chili sauce!), to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Except for the hemp hearts, place all crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth but still slightly chunky.
- Transfer crust mixture to a medium bowl and fold in the hemp hearts.
- Spread the crust onto a large baking pan lined with parchment paper, about ½ inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Bake crust for 20–25 minutes, checking it after 10–15 minutes to make sure it isn’t burning.
- While baking the crust, place the red pepper in a blender and puree. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 10–15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Spread half of the red pepper sauce onto the pizza crust, then distribute the zucchini ribbons, sweet potato noodles, eggplant, and mushrooms. Add the remaining red pepper sauce and top with dollops of cream cheese and the onion flakes.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the toppings are tender but still crunchy.
- Top with fresh basil and chili sauce, and serve.
The giveaway consists of
9 copies of Nourishing Noodles cookbook, by yours truly. I am giving away 3 copies here on the blog + 3 on Facebook + 3 on Instagram. So no matter where you like to keep in touch with me, I got you covered.
The book is awesome (I am biased!) and it deserves to be on your bookshelf.
To win one of the 3 cookbooks that I am giving away here on the blog:
- You MUST be based … anywhere in the world.
- You MUST comment on this post and tell me “Where are you from and what is your favorite ingredient to spiralize?“. Answering this question is mandatory because I am simply too curious and I need to know.
- Giveaway runs until July 10, 2014 (Sunday).
- Three lucky winners will be selected randomly within 2 days and will be announced on the blog and on my social media. Winners must respond within 3 days, otherwise another winner(s) will be selected. Cookbooks must find loving homes as soon as possible!
You can enter all three giveaways (on the blog, Facebook and Instagram) if you want to increase your chances of winning a book. However only one book per person will be given. Cookbooks must find as many loving homes as possible so as many people as possible can people fall in love with the amazingness of noodling 🙂