These little guys are such a perfect afternoon snack. So simple and packed with gorgeous flavors (and carbs!) – I mean, who doesn’t love a good curry flavor with EVERYTHING?! Especially with potatoes.
Pumpkin and potato curry rolls
Serves 15 rolls
- 3 handfuls of cubed pumpkin (you can use pretty much any seasonal pumpkin you prefer)
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3-4 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 fresh tomato, cubed
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes, mashed into a paste
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch chili flakes
- 1 cup cashews
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 thin flat breads / mountain bread
- to serve: fresh basil, coriander and parsley
- Add coconut oil to a medium pan on medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin and the potatoes to the pan and sautee for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the spices, the fresh and dry tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- In a separate small pan, add the cashews on medium low heat. Toast for about 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To assemble, divide the filling in 5. Scoop 1 portion onto a flat bread and spread evenly. Add a handful of toasted cashews and mixed fresh herbs, and roll. Set aside and do the other 4 flat breads.
- Once all are finished, cut each in 3 and arrange on a serving platter.
- Serve with more fresh herbs.