Coconut spinach soup with garlic ginger and lime
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP minced ginger
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 1 big garlic clove, grated
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 juicy lime
- chili flakes, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat and add onion.
- Sautee onion until golden and then add ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock, water and potato cubes. Cover and turn heat on high.
- Bring to boil and lower heat on medium.
- Once potatoes are almost done, add coconut milk and bring to a boil again.
- Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic, lime juice and seasoning to taste – chili flakes, sea salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Allow to slightly cool and add to blender.
- Puree soup and return to pot.
- To serve, heat it up again and sprinkle some olive oil.
- Serve with croutons or grilled bread.