Why we should include quinoa in our diet*:
- It’s a complete protein, with all the amino acids we need. This is quite rare in plant kingdom so makes it particularly good for vegetarians and vegans.
- It’s higher in protein than similar grains.
- It’s higher in fiber and iron. A serving adds 3 grams of fiber and 10% of daily need for iron.
- Also contains calcium, manganese, magnesium and copper.
- It’s gluten free, good if you’re having tummy problems from gluten.
Did you know that quinoa is a seed related to spinach, chard and beets?
*Health info source: WebMD.com