- They are high in healthy mono & poly unsaturated fats.
- They are also high in hearth-healthy Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
- They are a good source of thiamin and contain other vitamins too.
- They are a good source of manganese, calcium & potassium. In smaller amounts, they give us minerals like copper, magnesium and zinc.
Good to know.*
- Research found that the oleic acid in macadamia nuts is beneficial in cutting cholesterol.
- The monounsaturated fats in nuts may improve blood fat profiles and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Although nuts are very nutritious, we should mind our daily intake and not over-consume. More is not always better.