This must be the most delicious way to enjoy sprouted legumes! So simple, but so delicious, you might just ignore everything else on the table.
Sprouts are packed with a whole lot of nutrients and benefits. While broccoli or radish sprouts are more popular, I’m here to convince you to give legumes a try! Lentils, beans, peas – so delicious! By sprouting legumes first we neutralise enzyme inhibitors and phytic acid, which bind to some micronutrients making it hard for us to fully absorb them. Sprouting also makes legumes much easier to digest because it breaks down the complex sugars that cause ….well, gas. To top that, sprouting enhances the nutritional benefits of legumes! Win win win.
If you’re sprouting yourself, be extra extra careful to do it in a safe way. If buying your sprouts from the local market, just make sure the company producing them is a responsible one and wash them really really well. Sprouts like humid conditions and so do bacteria.
- 200g mixed sprouted legumes
- 2-3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 handful parsley
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- couple of handfuls of grilled sweet corn (optional if you don’t want to grill, but so perfect in this hash!)
To make the dressing:
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP macadamia oil
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP lemon
- sea salt, black pepper & chili flakes (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and add the sprouted legumes. Cook them for 10 minutes on medium low heat, stirring.
- While legumes are cooking, mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add legumes to a bowl, together with the spinach, parsley, radishes, avocado and grilled corn.
- Add the dressing to the legumes mix and toss to cover.
- Serve warm.