FYI this woman makes the best potatoes. Period.
We caught up for lunch the other day and, among the many delicious dishes prepared, was this golden tray of goodness. Who can resist a good old fashioned, hot, crispy, baked potato?!
I love this recipe by Kat because it more than just baked potatoes. It’s filled with lots of beautiful flavors like garlic, mustard, black pepper and thyme. It is also very easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser.
Golden potato bake by Humble Ingredients
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- fresh thyme leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add your potatoes to a medium pot and cover with water. Place on medium heat and bring to boil.
- Cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes of water and spoon them onto a baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the onion, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, chili, olive oil, mustard and turmeric.
- Pour this mix onto the potatoes and toss to coat well.
- Spread the potatoes evenly in the pan and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Enjoy warm out of the oven.