This beautiful, simple recipe is one of my go to dishes for beetroot. The end result is a gorgeous, tender and caramelized veggie, with earthy and tangy notes from the oil and molasses. I just love it.
It can be served simple, on a bed of quinoa or millet, as a side dish to whatever else you are preparing, in a sandwich, or as part of a roast veggie salad.
For fresh herbs, I used a combination of basil, parsley and oregano, but anything else you fancy should be delicious.
Glazed beets with fresh herbs
- 4 large beets, cut into wedges
- 5 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP pomegranate molasses
- generous amounts of freshly ground black pepper
- a handful of mixed herbs (I used basil, parsley and oregano)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a pan with baking paper.
- Clean and cut the beetroots and place them in a bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, molasses and pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange the beetroot in the pan and pour the dressing from the bowl on top.
- Cover the beetroot with al foil and bake for 1 hour covered.
- After an hour, remove the al foil and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven (careful not to burn yourself!) and place on a serving platter.
- Add the fresh herbs and serve warm.