This recipe has been sitting in my drafts for the past couple of weeks and I am so happy to finally share it with you. Such great timing too if you’re still recovering from the Easter food coma 🙂
I love this salad because it has a little bit of everything, all the colours, flavors, textures and goodness. This salad is a rainbow and rainbows and unicorns are the best thing that can happen to you.
It’s great on it’s own as a light lunch (the nuts and seeds are so filling) and also beautiful as a side salad. This recipe is coming straight outta the Little Raw Deli kitchen.
Superfood kale garden salad
- 1 bunch kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch salt and pepper
- 3 small radishes, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch of grapes, cut in half
- handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into strips or noodles
- 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage
- additional dressing ingredients: 2 TBSP olive oil, 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar and a pinch of chili flakes
- handful of goji berries and sunflower sprouts
- small handful each: almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas
- Add the kale to a bowl with 1 TBSP olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and massage for about 1 minute until it softens.
- Wash, chop and prepare all the other fruits and veggies. Add them to the bowl.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients and toss thoroughly to coat everything in everything.
- Top with the nuts and seeds and enjoy to the max!