Let’s talk salad again. And how easy it is to whip up something delicious when your pantry and your fridge are stocked with good ingredients!
I first made this salad on one of those days when you get home all
pooped out exhausted and feel like there’s zero energy left in your body, and that no single bone or muscle will help you get off the couch and into the kitchen. Here comes quick-salad to the rescue. It took me a whole 5 minutes to make! How amazing is that. I had the curry paste and boiled potatoes in the fridge from a couple of days before and the almonds that I had roasted over the weekend, to have healthy snacks on hand. So all I had to do was slice and dice a couple of veggies. I served the salad with my kale and hemp bread and it went down a treat! Everything was so good, so nourishing and completely addictive.
The flavors and textures are beautiful together – there’s a little bit of everything and everything goes with everything else. I happened to have a couple of boiled potatoes in the fridge that I added to the salad (why not) and they’re amazing in it. If you’re making it from scratch, boil the potatoes first and then prep everything else.
So here you go. One of the easiest salads ever.
Simple curry salad with curry roasted almonds
- 1/3 lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 boiled potatoes, cubed
- 1/3 cucumber, halved leghtwise and sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely cubed
- 1/3 jar of ajvar/paprika relish (it’s a paste made of roasted paprika/capsicum, roasted eggplant, chili and a bit of sunflower oil)
- 3 tbsp homemade curry paste
- top with: 3 handfuls curry roasted almonds
- If you’re making this from scratch, first boil the potatoes. Cut them into large cubes and add them to a small pot of boiling water. Simmer for about 15 or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water, then use in the salad.
- While the potatoes are boiling, slice and dice and prep the veggies – lettuce, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, tomato, spring onion. Add everything to a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes once cooked.
- Add the paprika relish and the curry paste and toss to combine everything well.
- Top wit curry roasted almonds and serve.