Ok, these are not exactly rainbow colored. More like ‘in-your-face-red’ buuut they are filled with rainbow veggies so let’s pretend they’re rainbow colored.
I already posted one too many spring roll recipes, but … is there ever really truly too many spring roll recipes? I don’t think so. They’re so easy to make, so versatile and fun to enjoy.
Rainbow spring rolls
- 10 large rice paper wraps or 20 small ones
- about 300g carrots (2-3 carrots), shredded or grated
- about 300g beetroot (1-2 beets), shredded or grated
- 1 small handful shredded or grated cabbage
- 1 green apple, cored and shredded or grated
- 1 handful finely chopped kale
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP toasted sunflower seeds
For the dipping sauce
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Add the veggies (carrots, beetroot, cabbage, apple and kale) to a medium sized bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the seeds, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper, and sesame seeds. Toss to coat.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix with a spoon until nice and fluffy. Yeh, I said fluffy.
- Proceed to spring roll action. If you’ve never made spring rolls before (why?), there’s some instructions with this recipe. If that’s not clear, let me know below. Happy to help where I can, in the name of good food.