So, have you heard yet? I made a huge announcement yesterday on Facebook. After months of hard work and perfecting yummilicious sweet recipes I finally (FINALLY!) launched my very own range of sweet treats for all of Perth to enjoy! I’m talking truffles (fruity, milky, creamy), brownies (traditional cacao and exotic matcha), a healthified baklava and scrumptious brekky bars. Oh, almost forgot about the indulgent caramel tart and the puddle of creaminess that is the mille feuille. Yup, all of them made by yours truly, with love and care and a happy smile.
If you’re in for some midnight drooling over luscious food photos, check out my shiny new website at RawbyChris.com.
And to celebrate this momentous endeavor, I’m giving away 5 free raw gourmet boxes for you (Perth resident) to enjoy at home & share with family and friends. 1 box every week for the next five weeks (starting with yesterday). To win one, go on Facebook and check out the giveaway announcement.
So, yes, all the cooking and uncooking and planning and preparation this past few days kept me quite busy and away from my regular writing. But not away from cooking. Because no matter how buys I am, I still have to eat which means I still have to cook/uncook. Albeit, all my meals have been quick meals this week. My quick breakfast options included either overnight porridge which I simply topped up with fresh fruit to serve, a green smoothie or just a plate full of fresh fruits. My lunches included avocado on toast, quick carrot salads or leftovers from dinner. And if you think dinners cannot be quick (meaning 15 minutes or less) and healthy, check out this wholemeal spelt orecchiette with fresh pesto and avocado. No matter how busy your day is and how tired you are, don’t go running to the takeaway menu. You deserve better. So put a pot of water to boil, add your pasta, and while it’s cooking make a pesto, slice and dice an avocado and make yourself a wholesome, fresh, creamy and delicious, easy dinner. All nourishing and with no fuss.
- For the pesto:
- 2 handfuls parsley
- 1 handful coriander
- 8 TBSP good, cold pressed olive oil
- 2 TBSP cold pressed walnut oil
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- chili flakes, to taste
- For pasta:
- 2 servings wholemeal spelt orecchiette (or pasta of choice)
- 2 small avocados (or 1 big one)
- To serve: pepitas, sesame, parsley, lemon zest, walnut oil and more chili
- Place a pot of water on high heat until it begins to boil. Add the pasta and lower the heat to medium. Cook pasta per package instructions.
- Add all ingredients for the pesto to a food processor and whiz until you get it all mixed.
- Using a fork, mix 1/3 of the pesto with the avocado.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it and mix it with the pesto-avocado and add the toppings.