So, the other day I began craving food of a particular color. Ever happened to you? Feeling like eating something red, or white, or (more often) green? I get that a lot actually and recently I was love struck by purple. While still at the markets, I began day dreaming of vibrant, deep purple crunchy noodles smothered in a creamy Thai flavored sauce. And that’s exactly what I had for lunch, during a very busy day.
In case you’re new to this blog, I have a fun and long lasting love affair with veggie noodles. I’m on some sort of a subconscious challenge to make veggie noodles out of everything I can and in all possible colors. Check some of them out below.
Now stop drooling in front of your computer (or phone) and go spiral some carrots and make yourself these easy and scrumptious noodles.
- 2 big carrots (purple or regular), spiralized into noodles
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (preferably home made)
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 TBSP tamari
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- chili, to taste
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp sweetener (like raw honey or maple syrup)
- To serve: sesame seeds and fresh mint
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to the blender and whiz them up until you get a creamy smooth sauce.
- Spiralize your carrots. A veggie noodle maker works wonders, but a regular veggie peeler works as well.
- Toss carrot noodles in sauce and serve right away.