If you never thought of carrots as a good pasta or noodle sub, here I am trying to make you think about it. Or at least question the possibility. And if you find the word ‘pasta’ a bit of an overstatement on my part to describe these long orange curls, just call this a pimped up carrot salad and continue to read anyway. Because no matter how I (or you) call it, it’s delicious, healthy and worthy to be in your belly.
This is such a perfect light meal, be it for lunch or dinner. And it packs so much flavor. The carrots are very crunchy, of course, and they pair so nice with the creamy and zesty tahini garlic sauce. Throw in a handful of fresh herbs as well, such as parsley, basil or coriander or whatever you wish, some sesame seeds and pine nuts too, mix it all up and be dazzled. It’s so simple to make (15 mins beginning to end), yet so full of deliciousness.
The recipe I’m giving you is a simple, basic one that you can play with to your own liking. You can add some spring onions if you want, or chopped up sun dried tomatoes, or finely diced red capsicums. You can even add some chopped up greens like spinach or kale. About anything you can think of I guess.
- For the noodles:
- 1 big carrot, made into noodles (you can use a veggie noodle/pasta machine or a julienne peeler)
- For the sauce:
- 1 full TBSP unhulled tahini (or the regular tahini if you want)
- 1 TBSP good walnut oil (or good olive oil)
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- To top: handful of parsley (chopped), sesame seeds, pine nuts and anything else you fancy
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce until you get them all combined.
- Cut your carrot into noodles.
- Pour sauce over the carrots and gently mix them by hand to coat.
- Top with parsley, sesame and pine nuts and serve fresh.
- Keeps well in the fridge overnight.
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel here, for quick 60 seconds video recipes.
All plant based whole foods.