I am so excited to share this recipe with you! Not only is this cake so beautiful to look at, but a single bite will make you moan. And the second bite will make you moan again. And an entire slice will feel like heaven. True story. I mean, imagine taking a big bite of this …
This post is about a cake. Duh. But this post is also about a new Vitamix model! Super slick, super quick and my new best buddy. My favorite local kitchen ware store, Kitchen Warehouse, has gifted me with a brand new, beautiful, cherry red S30, the latest babe to join the Vitamix fleet. Now, I won’t go in all the details of just how good this babe is (it’s beyond amazing, you can read about the tech stuff here), I’m just going to tell you why I love it so much and why I have been using it every single day for the past few weeks.
Photo courtesy of KItchen Warehouse
Besides the fact that it helped me create this stunning cake, which is enough reason to become my new best buddy, the new Vitamix model meets all my unmet needs to date.
- I was in need of a blender that can process smaller quantities. A nice cream made of a single banana is all I need to satisfy my ice cream cravings, but with my TNC I always had to use 2 bananas to get it going. This new babe will blitz a single frozen nana into the smoothest ice cream. It also helps me make smaller quantities of salad dressings, ketchup and mustard in mere seconds, which means I can enjoy them fresh all the time, rather than making big batches and storing them in the fridge.
- I was desperately in need of a to-go smoothie cup. Since opening my takeaway shop in Perth, my mornings got increasingly busier and I spend a lot of time traveling to and from. I’ve been enjoying smoothies to go in disposable cups every day (so bad!). So, while pondering what to do and what reusable smoothie cup to buy, this babe made its appearance. It not only comes with TWO to go smoothie cups, but I can make my smoothie in those exact cups, change lids and then take them with me. Jackpot!! Not only that, I prep my smoothies in the evening these days. I add all the ingredients in the smoothie cup, store it in the fridge overnight, second day I blitz my smoothie in the exact cup and take it with me. Zero dishes to clean in the morning. I feel like I won the lottery.
- Errr, it’s a Vitamix, a brand that I’ve loved and trusted for years now. It’s quality, performance and comes with a 7 years warranty, to me that says heaps. Not that I ever needed anything fixed. Ever. Time to stop talking about it now I reckon, before I start to sound like a sales rep xo But it is pretty awesome. Just sayin. Ok. Stop. Talking. Now. Let’s move onto cake.
This cake is made so much easier because of the 3 cups/jugs the new Vitamix comes with. This basically allowed me to make the cake from scratch in 1-2 minutes, a new personal record I believe. Why? Cuz I used the small jug to make the base. One of the smoothie cups to make the white chocolate mousse. And the second smoothie cup to make the dark choc mousse. Without having to wash and dry anything in between mixes.
White chocolate dark chocolate mousse cake
- handful of almonds
- handful of sultanas (oil free)
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup softened coconut butter
- 20 gr melted cacao butter
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 full TBSP sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup)
- 1 full TBSP cacao powder
- a bit of water to blitz
- Add almonds and dates to the blender jug and blitz until you get a crumbly mix. Press it into the mini pan.
- Add 1/3 cup cashews, half the coconut butter, 10 g cacao butter, the vanilla bean, half the honey and a bit of water to one of the smoothie cups. Blitz until you get a creamy and smooth mix. Set aside.
- Add 1/3 of the cashews, half the coconut butter, 10g cacao butter, the cacao powder, half the honey and a bit of water to the second smoothie cup and blitz until super smooth.
- Pour a layer of dark chocolate mix onto the cake base. Reserve 1-2 TBSP of mix to use for decoration.
- Pour the entire white chocolate mix onto the cake and smooth it out.
- Pour the remainder of the dark chocolate mix on top and use a skewer to create decorative swirls.
- Pop the cake in the fridge to firm up. Or the freezer if your sweet tooth is impatient.
Disclaimer: I was gifted the Vitamix S30 to use and review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own, as always.