Just when I think I made and devoured all possible truffles on the planet, I dream of a new combination of ingredients that I just MUST try. I mean, take this for example. A perfect hazelnut. Wrapped in a gooey sweet sour layer. Sprinkled with crunchy bits here and there. Coated in coconut. Or pistachio. Or linseed. It’s not humanly possible to resist. Or to have just one.
With these gorgeous truffles, I am also running a giveaway. Yay! You should be excited about it because it is open to EVERYONE. Finally, I can run a giveaway which is not restricted to Australian borders, for all of you, my wonderful readers. But first, the truffles.
- 1 cup dry prunes (oil free, sweetener free) + a couple of TBSP water
- 16 whole hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- for coating: coconut, pistachio meal, ground linseed
Add the prunes and the water to a blender and blitz for few seconds. Scoop out into a bowl and mix in the crushed almonds.
To make the truffles, get a bit of the prune mix and roll into a ball. Get a hazelnut and push it in the middle of the prune truffle then roll it again in your hands to cover the hazelnut in the gooey mix. Once you roll all the truffles, coat them in whatever you fancy. They are gorgeous with coconut, pistachio meal or linseed, but you can try any of your favorite nut meals or ground seeds.
Now the giveaway! It consists of 2 copies of Lauren’s wonderful ebook ‘Raw & Sexy Sweets’. Lauren writes at Ascension Kitchen, a pretty amazing blog that I regularly browse in search of healthy inspiration and bits of nutrition info. Spare few minutes and check out her work.
- You MUST be based … anywhere in the world.
- You MUST enter the giveaway via the Rafflecopter box below.
- You MUST comment on this post and tell me “What is your favorite raw dessert ever?“. Answering this question is mandatory because I simply must know what you fancy.
- Giveaway runs until February 23, 2014 (Sunday).
- Two lucky winners will be selected randomly within 2 days and will be announced on the blog and on the Facebook page here. Winners must respond within 3 days, otherwise another winner(s) will be selected.
There’s options for multiple entries, so get yours in now!