We made these cute little mini tarts at the deli this Saturday on a whim. We were nibbling on a bunch of Loving Earth chocolates (hello Turkish delight flavor!!) and were wondering how can we also put them to good use in a quick, fuss free dessert. Eyes landed on a bunch of fresh strawberries and a discarded banana and voila. Strawberry mini tarts!
Greens are the healthiest veggies while berries are the healthiest fruits they say. They are packed with antioxidants, boost our immune system, protect us against disease, guard our liver, heart and brain. In all their colourful, sweet, delicious glory, berries are little powerhouses. If your favorite berries are blueberries or raspberries or any other berry, then you can sub the strawberries for those. Delicious with any and all.
The base is not your usual crumbly, cookie style base. It’s more gooey, chewy and caramely and pairs so nicely with the light and fluffy filling.
We paired this tarts with the coffee flavored & salted almond maple Loving Earth chocolates and I find it such a beautiful combination. Tho, let’s be honest, no Loving Earth chocolate would be a bad choice here.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did xx
Strawberry mousse mini tarts
Makes about 16 (& takes about 10 minutes to whip up!)
- 200g pitted dates
- 260g almonds
- pinch salt
- 4 TBSP water
- 2 small blocks of Loving Earth chocolate (I used one coffee flavor and their new Nutty Mr Maple – salted almonds & maple – hello!)
- 1 medium ripe, but firm banana
- 12 strawberries + 4 for decorating
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- fresh mint
- Add dates, almonds, salt and water to a food processor and blitz until you get a sticky, crumbly dough.
- Press this dough into mini tart moulds.
- Take 3 chocolate cubes from each chocolate block and finely chop them. Sprinkle onto the tart bases. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling add banana, strawberries and coconut oil to a blender and blitz until you get a smooth, fluffy cream. Scoop this into the mini tarts, decorate with the remaining chocolate pieces, strawberry pieces and fresh mint.
- These are best served immediately, but they will keep well in the freezer as well.