I have been trying to share this recipe (and drool worthy photos!) with you for few days now. Alas, time was scarce. And still is as I’m typing. So, I’ll set aside the foreplay. The musings. The description of the recipe. The part in which I’m telling you just how good, creamy and indulgent this ice cream is. How healthy and good for you. Not enough time to tell you that you should include walnuts in your diet. Or tell you (again) how you MUST always have bananas in your freezer.
All I feel I must leave you with is this hint: frozen bananas + nut butter (walnut is my favorite for this) = heavenly texture AND taste. That’s all I
need must share today. Now go get some sticks and some espresso cups and make yourself some rawesome ice cream. Or if you’re a normal person, use popsicle moulds.
- 1/2 cup walnut butter or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 really big frozen banana, pre cut into cubes
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 tsp vanilla seeds
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP cacao nibs
- Toppings: extra walnuts (crushed) and extra cacao nibs
- Add walnuts to the blender and blitz for few seconds (this if you’re not using already made walnut butter).
- Add coconut oil, dates, vanilla seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and frozen banana to the walnuts and blend until you get a creamy smooth texture, resembling soft serve ice cream.
- Scoop out the mixture into a bowl and mix in the chia seeds and cacao nibs using a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the crushed walnuts and remaining cacao nibs into your moulds and scoop the ice cream on top of them. Cover and place in the freezer overnight.
- If you’re using an improvised pop mould, cover it with cling wrap and poke a stick through it.