This is quite possibly the naughtiest, most indulgent peanut butter and chocolate treat that ever got in my belly. Whatever level of decadence, stickiness, gooeyness you can imagine, make it x 10,000. It’s so gooey, it’s not easy to cut. It’s so sticky, it will stick to your fork and then you’ll have to lick it clean. It’s just the ultimate PBJ brownie, minus the processed sugar, plus all the wholefoods.
Now please enjoy the brownie photo spam.
This brownie has 5 layers, so it does take a bit of time to make/set. If you feel like you’re gonna die and you need this as soon as possible, simply press the entire dough in just one layer, spread the peanut layer on top, the jam on top, then the frosting and refrigerate. Saves you a wee bit of time.
Big thank you to our colleague Alex who whipped this up for us at Little Raw Deli!!
Raw vegan sticky peanut butter brownies
Ingredients for brownie
- 2.5 cups dates
- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 6 TBSP cacao
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 TBSP water
- 1/4 cups coconut flour
- pinch salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups berries
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
Ingredients for icing
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Line 2 pans of similar size with baking paper.
- Add dates, walnuts, 6 TBSP cacao, vanilla, water, coconut flour and salt to a food processor and blitz until you get a sticky dough.
- Scoot out the dough, divide in half and spread into the pans.
- Add peanut butter on top of one of the layers, spread evenly. Place both pans in the freezer to firm up.
- To make the jam, mash the berries and mix them with chia seeds. Set aside for half hour until it thickens a bit.
- Spread the jam onto the peanut butter layer in the pan.
- Take out the second layer of dough and gently press it on top of the jam layer.
- To make the icing, add cacao, vanilla, maple and coconut oil in a bowl and whisk until combined. Pour on top of the brownie and place the pan in the fridge overnight. I AM SORRY, I did indeed say overnight! This baby needs a bit of time to set so you can (somewhat) cut into it. But I promise you IT IS WORTH it.
- Next day, cut in whatever size and shape you want, enjoy the deliciousness and remember to share!