This is the absolute bestest summer treat! It is so so easy to make, so ridiculously quick, refreshing, creamy, icy, utterly delicious and addictive. And peanut buttery! Let’s not forget the peanut butter, ever. Because peanut butter + banana + toasted nuts = amazingness.
I was only able to share one piece of this lot. One. Nothing more. I mean, look at the gooey center, and that crunchy topping.
So. Go grab some ripe bananas, whip up a bit of peanut butter and bring on the sunshine so that ice cream makes sense.
Raw vegan peanut butter nice cream bites
Serves 1 (definitely just one)
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/3 cup mixed pistachios and peanuts (toasted & crumbled)
- If you don’t have presliced and frozen bananas in your freezer (hello? and why not?) do this a day before.
- To toast the nuts: add them to a small pan on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring often so they don’t burn.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Once cool, roughly chop them and return to the bowl.
- To make the peanut butter mix, melt the cacao butter (bain marie method).
- Add maple syrup and peanut butter and mix until you get a creamy smooth consistency.
- To finish them off, dip one slice of frozen banana in the peanut butter mix, then dip it in the chopped nuts. Place on baking paper or a silicone sheet.
- Continue with the rest of the banana slices.
- Refrigerate for 2 minutes then enjoy!