This is so ridiculously delicious and healthy that I feel there’s not much I can say to make you want a piece. It’s chocolaty. It’s slightly gooey. Sweet and indulgent. Rich in hearth-healthy monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids. Rich in vitamin E, with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. And it just tastes fantastic!
- 3/4 cups raw oats
- 3/4 cups walnuts
- 4 TBSP raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch sea salt
- 5 TBSP date paste (see note below)
- 2 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla bean paste
- Add oats to a blender and process until you have a fine flour.
- Move oat flour to a mixer/chopper and add walnuts, cacao, cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse for few seconds to combine.
- Add date paste, honey and vanilla bean paste and process until mixture gets sticky.
- Scoop out onto a pie shape (I chose a square one) lined with baking paper, press firmly and even out. Cover and place in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and cut into desired shape, dust with cacao and decorate with nuts, fruits or seeds of choice.