I have been slightly obsessed with green tea lately. I brew it, I add it to my smoothies, sprinkle it on my porridge or pudding and I’m also making desserts with it! I love it because it’s full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and gives me the energy I need to start a busy day.
Matcha is perfect for making desserts. Because it is a powder, it gets completely dissolved into whatever it is that I am making and ends up in my belly. All of it. Unlike green tea leaves which get discarded after brewing, thought they’re still full of goodness. A single serving of Matcha provides the nutritional benefits of about 10 cups of brewed green tea! You can read more about Matcha here.
These truffles are super easy and quick to make and they are perfect to accompany a hot cup of herbal or green tea. I find them a delicious finish to my breakfast and also perfect as a pick-me-up afternoon sweet treat. Oh, and you can easily sneak a couple of them with you to work to brighten up your office days.
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or other nuts like cashews or almonds), ground
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds (made into fine flour)
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/5 TBSP liquid sweetener (like raw honey or pure agave)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- Toppings: coconut shreds, ground pistachios, Matcha powder, goji berries
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well until they are all combined and you have a sticky, green dough.
- Roll into balls, add toppings and refrigerate.