Tomorrow is Australia Day in this part of the world. Which in translation means beach (or pool), lazy times, family, friends, BBQ, puppies, outdoors, laughs, fireworks and good times. There’s obviously dessert in there somewhere too. After all, there’s no party or good time without awesome dessert, right? As awesome as this matcha lime tart with super ripe, juicy, gorgeous mango slices, that also happens to be green & yellow to match the occasion.
If you’re new to matcha or green tea in general, I would suggest making this recipe with just 1/2 teaspoon. If you’re a crazy matcha addict such as myself go ahead and make the recipe as is. The grassy green tea flavor pairs perfectly with the freshness of the lime and the soft, ripe, sweet mango.
Now let’s get onto it. It’s cake time!
Matcha lime tart with fresh mango
- 20 gr almonds
- 20 gr dessicated coconut
- 40 gr dates
- 100 gr cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- zest and juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tsp matcha green tea
- 30 gr melted coconut oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup or honey
- 1 mango
- 1 TBSP hemp seeds
- 1 TBSP black sesame seeds
- walnuts to top
- Add almonds, coconut and dates to a small blender and blitz into a sticky dough. Press the dough into an 11cm mini tart pan.
- Add cashews, coconut water, lime zest and juice, matcha, coconut oil and sweetener to the blender (no need to wash in between uses) and process until you get a very fine, smooth cream. Taste and adjust if you want more lime or sweetener.
- Scoop the cream into the can pan and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Decorate with mango slices, hemp, black sesame and walnuts and serve chilled.