This will either make you think I’m nuts or briefly struck by genius. Green chocolate?! Yup, very green, vibrant, superfood loaded chocolate. I dreamed about it, I wondered if possible and now here it is. And you must.
By now you know, I know, everyone probably knows that I’m Matcha obsessed. I already shared my favorite Matcha smoothie recipe and the easiest energizing Matcha truffle recipe. This soft green chocolate bark is packed with full bodied flavors that make a delicious sweet party in your mouth. But cacao and Matcha are not the only reasons you must try it. Its layers are filled with crunchy superfoods like macadamias, pepitas and goji berries. Yes, you must.
- 10g cacao butter
- 3 TBSP solid coconut oil
- 2 tsp Matcha powder
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 2.5 TBSP liquid sweetener (raw honey, pure agave, maple syrup)
- pinch of vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Toppings of choice. I went for macadamia nuts, pepitas and goji berries.
- Line a pan with baking paper.
- Add cacao butter to a bowl and place the bowl on top of a small pot of boiling water.
- Melt the cacao butter and add the coconut oil.
- Allow to melt and stir using a wooden or silicone spatula.
- Add Matcha and cacao powders and stir.
- Add vanilla, sea salt and sweetener of choice and stir until everything is combined.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue to stir slowly until the chocolate begins to slightly set.
- Add lemon zest and continue to stir to distribute it evenly.
- Pour the chocolate in the prepared pan and add your toppings.
- Place in fridge and allow it to fully set.