There are few things in life better than strawberries and chocolate put together. Very few. Especially when they’re lovingly arranged to make a raw, vegan, light tart, perfect at any time of the day. Seriously, you can have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or anytime in between.
The base is made only of seeds and the only ‘sweetener’ is … well, just 4 medjool dates. The chocolate is not actually chocolate. It’s my healthified take on chocolate cream and it’s sweetened only with a ripe banana. And then there’s the fruits. This tart was designed to host A LOT of fresh fruit topping. Strawberries work great, but you can use any other berries you like or even oranges or whatever else you fancy.
If you have a nut allergy or simply if you want to take a few days break from nutty desserts, this is perfect for you. If you like delicious desserts, then this is perfect for you too! Oh, and it only takes 10 minutes to put together. But that’s not something new in my kitchen.
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup linseed (flax seeds)
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- Chocolate cream:
- 1 frozen banana (cut in chunks)
- 2 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Topping: strawberries, other berries or fruits of choice
- Add the seeds and dates to a food processor and blitz until you get a sticky dough.
- Press the dough in a spring form pan and place in the freezer for few minutes to firm up.
- Add banana, cacao and coconut oil to the blender and process until you get a soft chocolate cream, stopping and scraping the sides as needed.
- Spoon the chocolate cream in the tart and place in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, top with fresh fruits of choice.
- Best served chilled.