My work week finally ended. Phew! It’s been long, it’s been hot, and it’s been busy. Full of good vibes, cool people and amazing feedback, but still crazy busy. That said, what better way to end it than this luscious bowl of ice cream!
A word about mulberries. I grew up with them. With lots of them, all colors, red, black, white, ripe or not quite there yet. Mulberries grow like crazy in my grandparents’ back yard (and in all of their neighbors’ gardens too!) and I remember we (me and my brother) could never eat all of them, no matter how hard we’d try. And we would try. Really hard. Every time. Yet, although I’ve had my fair share of mulberries in this lifetime (to be read I stuffed my belly many times), I never paid for them until few days ago. It’s was a very weird-funny feeling to exchange money for mulberries, something I’ve been enjoying freely and abundantly.
- 1 frozen banana (I freeze my bananas already pre-cut in chunks as it makes it easier to use later)
- 1 handful goji berries
- 1 handful mulberries
- 1 TBSP raw date caramel (or 1 medjool date)
- Soak goji berries in room temperature water for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- If goji berries are organic, drain and save the water – you can use it in smoothies. If they’re not organic, drain and discard the water.
- Add frozen banana chunks to the blender with the goji, mulberries and caramel/date.
- Blitz for few seconds until you get dreamy soft serve ice cream.
- Enjoy right away.