Heaven in a mouthful. Need I say more? Well, I’m going to. Obviously. Because if photos won’t convince you to make these beauties ASAP, hopefully my words will.
Creamy, nutty, buttery, zesty, lemony, blueberry, caramelly, healthy… Can’t think of any other words ending in y right now, but you get where I’m going right? These gorgeous mini babies, healthier versions of the ol’ traditional cheesecake are just too good. So good that when I whipped up the first batch, hubs devoured no less than 2!
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sultana or raisins
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 4 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil + 2 TBSP
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- optional (but so good): 3 drops of essential lemon oil, food grade
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Toppings: extra blueberries (halved) and extra poppy seeds
- Add the base ingredients to a blender and whiz until you get a sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and press into the mini cheesecake molds. Pop into the freezer.
- Add the cashews, honey/maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil to the blender and whiz until it becomes super smooth. If needed, add a bit of extra water, but only a bit at a time.
- Scoop out half the mix into a bowl and stir in the poppy seeds and the lemon essential oil, if using. Scoop the lemon layer onto the individual cheesecake bases.
- Add 2 TBSP coconut oil and blueberries to the remaining half of the mixture and blitz for a couple of seconds. Scoop the blueberry layer onto the lemon layer and pop into the freezer to firm up. At least 30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle poppy seeds and top with blueberries and raw chocolate if you have any just lying around the house.
- Keep refrigerated.