What better way to spend an end-of-workweek Friday than to crack open a jar of good ol’ Nutella? I’ll tell you what. Making your own healthy Nutella from scratch, in mere minutes, with nothing but good for you ingredients. And showcasing it in a beeeautiful, wholesome cake. That also takes just few minutes to make.
I haven’t shared a recipe with you in ages. This cake is me making up for that. The recipe calls for 2 ingredients that together form one of my all time favorite dessert combos: bananas and chocolate cream/spread (in whatever form it comes!). And I know you’re out there! You, who find this as irresistible.
- For the base:
- a handful of hazelnuts
- 2-3 Medjool dates
- For the filling:
- For the nutella see recipe link below
- For the mini caramel truffles:
- 1 big Medjool date
- Toppings: cacao powder, cacao nibs, whole pecans and pecan shavings
- To make the base add the hazelnuts and dates to a food processor and process until chunky and sticky.
- Press the ‘dough’ into your cake pan and place in the fridge.
- Make your Nutella (see recipe link below).
- Slice the banana and arrange the slices onto the cake base.
- Add 3-4 TBSP of the nutella on top of the bananas and spread it evenly.
- Cover and place the cake in the freezer for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- To make the caramel truffles, slice your date into 4 equal pieces and roll them into mini balls. Yes, that’s really all there is to making delicious caramel-tasting truffles!!
- Arrange the truffles on the cake, add the toppings, serve and be happy.
To make raw nutella get this recipe.