Happy Monday! I’ve had such a wonderful weekend, filled with all the little things that bring me joy. A little bit of movies, a little bit (a lot) of reading (I finished The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck & gets my thumbs up), a little bit of cooking, a little bit of walks in the part, home yoga, George cuddles. Aaaand a little bit of work, for good measure.
And I made stuffed dates, among other treats.
Stuffed dates are my go to easy treat. I have tried many combinations, but this one if my all time favorite. They’re gooey, rich, creamy, chocolaty, cruncy – all in one. They’re perfect for movie snacks and for safe keeping in the back of the fridge for emergencies.
For this particular recipe, I was time pressured to make it to the movies in time and I used a stored bought, organic almond-cacao-coconut butter concoction which is delicious. I’ve had it in my pantry for about 4 months and use it when I don’t have time to make my own nut butter. To make your own nut butter, add 1 cup almond butter, 1 cup dessicated coconut and 2 TBSP cacao to a blender or food processor and blitz, scrape the sides, blitz some more, until you get butter.
I always have homemade chocolate in my pantry, so it was easy to get a chunk, melt it and use it. If you are making from scratch, use this recipe.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Almond and chocolate stuffed Medjool dates
Makes 7 (you can easily double the recipe)
- 7 Medjool dates, half scored, pitted and left whole
- 7 teaspoons of your favorite almond butter – you can DIY at home or you can use store bought
- 7 pecans
- 100g melted chocolate (recipe here)
- 7 TBSP crushed roasted hazelnuts or raw crushed almonds
- Core and pit the dates.
- Fill them with the nut butter and stick a pecan on top.
- Refrigerate them for 5-10 minutes.
- Then half dip them in chocolate and then in crushed hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate them for another 5 minutes so the chocolate firms up, or refrigerate them until ready to serve.