I made these little bites yesterday on a whim. I wanted something rich, but not too sweet. Gooey but not too sticky. And chocolaty. Definitely chocolaty.
There’s not much to say about them. They’re ridiculously easy, you need a food processor and a pan and only 10 minutes. They’re chocolaty, but only mildly sweet. And the mint flavor is just beautifully subtle.
I’ll leave you with a few more pics.
5 Ingredient choc mint fudge
Makes plenty of little bites
- 200g almonds
- 200g cashews
- 50g cacao powder
- 200g dates
- 3 big handfuls of fresh mint
- optional: melted chocolate to drizzle (to be honest, it does not change the taste of the fudge all that much, it is gorgeous without! / I used it mostly for photo purposes… alas, the things we do for a good photo!)
- Add the almonds and cashews to a medium pan and toast on medium heat for about 5 good minutes, stirring every now and then so they don’t burn on only one side.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the nuts to a food processor and blitz until you turn them into nut butter. You might need to stop and scrape the sides every now and then.
- Add the cacao and the dates to the food processor and blitz until the dates are chopped up and incorporated. Again, you might need to stop and scrape the sides every now and then.
- Add the mint and blitz until it’s chopped up and incorporated into the mix and the mix becomes quite fudgy.
- Line a pan with baking paper and press the fudge in the pan. You can cut and serve right away or you can store in the fridge.
- If you’re using chocolate to drizzle, do so before serving.