New recipe that involves chocolate, just in time for some weekend baking action. Can life get any better? YES, because tahini is involved as well. And tahini IS life. Affection runs deep.
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while now, you probably know that my tahini affection is growing beyond borderline addiction. To the point that tahini toast with a side of tahini mayo is a totally acceptable snack, to be finished off only by a spoonful of tahini with a pinch of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon. Totes normal, right?
These cookie sandwiches are a perfect combination of crunchy, crispy and gooey and rich. The cookies themselves are not very sweet, they’re very dense and rich, and please allow them to cool of after baking, because they will become next level crunchy! And when you’ll pair them with the sweet, rich tahini coffee cream….zomg…flavor bomb!
Have a fabulous week and don’t forget to bake a cookie or two three four. And if you like this video recipe, please subscribe to my new YouTube channel. Here. And in case you missed it…HERE. Or Heeere! 🙂
Vegan chocolate cookies with tahini coffee cream
Makes about 10
Ingredients for cookies
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 10 large Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup water
Ingredients for tahini cream
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup coffee, room temperature
- 10g melted cacao butter
- pinch sea salt
- 2 full tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven at 220C.
- Add buckwheat flour, almond meal and dates to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add water and mix well by hand until you get a ball of dough.
- Line a pan with baking paper.
- Divide the dough in 10, roll and flatten and make some cookies, about 1cm thick.
- Bake them for about 25 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Resist temptation!
- To make the tahini cream add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until you get a perfectly smooth, fluffy cream.
- Scoop into a bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours, until it thickens up (more than what the video shows! I was impatient to eat)
- Sandwich the cookies and enjoy them with a cup of tahini. Errr…I meant tea.