I’ve been quite stuck into passion fruit lately. Passion fruit and blueberries. Which means a lot of delicious things have been happening in the kitchen. Blueberry crumbles. Coconut yogurt breakfasts with both passion fruit and blueberries. Blueberries in salad. Passion fruit in smoothies. So good.
This breakfast slice is no exception. I loved it at first try and would not change a thing. Except maybe add a touch of extra sweetener if you’re planning to make it for dessert instead of breakfast. As it is, it’s only sweetened with one banana and a half!
It’s loaded with whole foods like quinoa, almond meal, coconut and fresh fruit. Which makes it so good for breakfast or a yummy afternoon snack.
If you want to make it next level awesome, top it with coconut yogurt and fresh passion fruit. SO SO good!!
Passion fruit lemon yogurt slice
Makes about 12
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 100g almond meal
- 50g chopped pistachios
- 50g quinoa flakes/puffed quinoa/cooked quinoa
- 50g inca berries (or cranberries)
- 220g coconut yogurt (I used vanilla Coyo)
- 75g passion fruit pulp
- 1.5 bananas, mashed
- juice of 1 lemon
- toppings: more coconut yogurt, fresh passion fruit (sliced bananas are also nice, persimmons, raspberries or blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl – coconut, almond meal, pistachios, quinoa, inca berries. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients – banana, coconut yogurt, passion fruit, lemon juice. Mix by hand until you get a wet, sticky dough.
- Press the dough into a pan lined with baking paper (I used a 22 x 22cm).
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the slice becomes golden on the outside. To know if it’s done, poke it with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Allow to cool and remove from pan.
- Slice, add toppings and enjoy! Keeps well for 3-4 days outside the fridge if you don’t add toppings, or in the fridge if you top it all with yogurt.