Yesterday I received some really really good news and decided to spoil myself. Not that I don’t do that everysingleday. Anywho. As a little gift to myself, I downloaded a raw desserts app called Hippie Lane. I know I know, there’s plenty of other raw dessert apps out there, so why did I choose this one you might ask. Well, I’ve been following Taline’s instagram page for a good while now, drooling over every single photo. It goes like this: Taline makes beautiful desserts. Taline is the creator of the recipes in the app. Thus I got Taline’s app. Simple math leads to gorgeous cookies. Done.
Look deep into the swirl and try to think of anything but these cookies.
Now these cookies are not your average raw cookies. They’re raw cookies times infinite deliciousness. They’re rich, nutty, they have TAHINI (you know my love for tahini) and PEANUT BUTTER (a weakness of
mine everyone on the planet). And they’re topped with chocolate. Seriously. Lip smacking, spoon licking kitchen adventures.
Chocolate cookies with peanut butter and chocolate topping
Ingredients for cookies
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup medjool dates (or regular dry dates about 150g), pitted
- 2 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 TBSP melted cacao butter
- 2 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup (recipe calls for rice malt syrup, but I had none so used honey)
- 2 TBSP tahini
Ingredients for toppings
- to make the peanut butter cream topping: 4 TBSP peanut butter + 1 tsp coconut oil
- to make the raw chocolate I used this recipe
- Add coconut, dates, cacao and vanilla to a food processor and blitz until it gets crumbly.
- Add cacao butter, honey and tahini to the mix and blitz until it becomes sticky.
- Roll cookie dough mix on a cookie board and cut out the cookies. You will need to repeat this step until you use up all the mix.
- Place cookies in the freezer to firm up.
- Mix peanut butter with melted coconut oil until smooth, using the bain marie method. Set aside.
- Make chocolate.
- Top your cookies with 1 tsp each of chocolate and peanut butter mix.
- Try not to devour all at once.