Have you ever tried a raw cacao bean? A whole, crisp, pure cacao bean? I tried my first the other day and it blew my mind. The texture was totally unexpected – ridiculously crispy and yet light. The taste on the other hand was as I thought – pure dark chocolate, a bit on the dry side, but so good. I fell in love.
So here we are now and there you go – raw cherry and cacao bean bars! Cherry and cacao beans are a match made in heaven, in case you had any doubts. Which brings me to the next questions – have you ever tried organic dry cherries?! They are THE BEST dry fruit.
I got all these goodies from the lovely Alicia who just opened he
r first organic online shop here in Perth, the Woodstone Pantry. It’s full of so many wonderful pantry staples delivered right to your door! Go go go have look!
Cherry and cacao bean bars
- 4 dry (dehydrated) bananas, roughly chopped, from Woodstone Pantry
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup dry cherries (organic, oil free, preservative free) from Woodstone Pantry
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dry cherries
- 1/4 cup cacao beans from Woodstone Pantry
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/5 cup coconut oil
- toppings: melted chocolate of choice and a few chia seeds
- Add the bananas, oats, 2/3 cup cherries and cinnamon to a food processor and blitz until sticky and crumbly. Press in a pan lined with baking paper (I used a banana bread pan).
- Add cacao beans to the food processor and blitz until crumble. To this add 1/3 cup dry cherries, water and coconut oil and blitz until you get a chunky paste. Spread this on top of the first layer.
- Place the bars in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Cut and drizzle with chocolate and chia seeds and enjoy!