Fancy this for breakfast!
I don’t quite have a lot of time on my hands this evening. Had a long busy day, just finished a wonderful dinner (kale, sun dried tomatoes and feta pie with a homemade wholemeal crust!) and am now getting ready for my evening tea routine. Ginger & mint.
But before any of that, I just thought it would be nice of me not to keep a delicious discovery to myself. A wonderful and light breakfast, which is super nutritious, looks like a million bucks and takes only 5 minutes! Probiotic yogurt with a vanilla scented plum puree and slightly toasted seeds and nuts. It’s a recipe I adapted after one of Justine Schofield’s which I’ve seen on tv the other day; she’s using strawberries which I replaced with red flesh plums and a different nut mix.
- 1 TBSP each: walnuts, pistachios, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas
- 12 TBSP yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 ripe plums
- 1/4 tsp organic vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to a low temp (120C). Bake the nuts and seeds on a baking tray for about 5 minutes, until slightly golden brown. (We don’t want them too toasted; the purpose is just to get them to release their essential oils.)
- Mix the honey through the yogurt until completely incorporated. (I used a regular spoon & a regular bowl for this.)
- Remove the plum stones and add the plums & the vanilla paste to the blender. Puree. Taste and if the plums are too sour, add a bit of honey and puree for another few seconds to mix through.
- Scoop out the plum puree and mix in the chia seeds. (I used a regular spoon for this.)
- Assemble: scoop half the yogurt in one bowl/jar and half in the other; continue with half the plum puree to each bowl/jar. Top it with the toasted seeds and nuts and serve immediately.