Boy oh boy, you have no idea how much I missed my clean breakfasts. Especially the fruity ones! This morning, my tummy was as happy as a hippo after this gorgeous and crisp apple sandwich. Why would you eat anything else? Just look at its luscious, vibrant curves. Don’t you just want to take a bite?
This makes for a very fast and easy breakfast or post workout snack. Best thing about it is that it can be made with just about anything you have in the pantry: a nut butter, sweetener of choice, some dry fruits, seeds and few nuts.
- 3 thicker slices of 1 medium-small apple
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- sweetener of choice, to taste (raw honey, agave or maple syrup)
- 2 TBSP dry cranberries
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds or bee pollen (optional, for non-vegans) & other topping of choice
- few nuts of choice (I used raw macadamia)
- Layer everything up however your imagination dictates & dig in.