I recently discovered pumpernickel bread (never too late!) and I’m in love. I love everything about it. The dense consistency. The dark, mildly sweet and earthy flavor. It also scores points for being very filling, easy to digest and funny to pronounce.
I love having it for breakfast or afternoon snacks, with avocado, cashew cheeze or tahini mayo + veggies.
This mayo recipe is very simple, but a sure favorite with any and all tahini/sesame lovers. You can use it to dress salads, with your favorite toast, as a filling in veggie rolls.
And if you want to try making your own kimchi, you can check out this recipe.
Tahini ‘mayo’ toast
Ingredients for tahini ‘mayo’
- 1/3 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 5 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- juice of half lemon
- 2 medium garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- Add everything to a blender and process until it becomes very silky and smooth and fluffs up just like regular mayo. Texture should be airy, smooth and light.
- Use as you wish! Pictured on my plate, from top to bottom: kimchi / cucumber parsley salsa + tomato / sun dried tomato / cucumber parsley salsa + green onion. Toasted sesame seeds work beautifully in this recipe.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.