Let me introduce you to what I think is the most delicious tomato salad. Fresh, sweet, creamy, crunchy and full of flavorsome herbs.
As you’d expect, it’s very easy to put together – it’s basically chopping a few veggies and tossing them in the dressing.
This is perfect to make in summer when tomatoes are at their best.
A couple of notes about this recipe.
- I used purple basil because I was lucky enough to find some at the farmers markets. But you can use regular basil, it will taste the same.
- I used yellow cherries tomatoes because, similarly, I scored them at the farmers markets. You can use regular red cherry tomatoes if yellow are not in season.
Summer tomato salad with avocado and pecans
- 3 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, red or yellow …or both!, halved or quartered
- 1 small handful parsley, finely chopped,
- 6 green olives + 1 TBSP of their marinade
- 1 handful basil, roughly chopped if the leaves are big
- 2 small handfuls of chopped vegan cheddar
- 1/2 avocado (1/4 cubed to go in the salad and 1/4 sliced to go on top)
- 1 handful toasted pecans
- leaves of 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 T pomegranate molasses
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Add the 1/4 cubed avocado, olive oil, pomegranate molasses and pepper to a medium large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, basil, olives and marinade, vegan cheddar and thyme to the bowl and toss to coat well.
- Scoop the salad on a serving platter and top with pecans and the rest of the avocado.