I am crazy in love with Peanut Butter! I didn’t use to like it, but I sure love it now. So imagine my disappointment when I found out I totally missed celebrating Peanut Butter Day (Jan24)! *sigh* There goes one good excuse to eat peanut butter straight from the jar all day long.
Not all is lost though, since I decided to make up for it with this PBJ protein smoothie.
Quick question before digging into some fun, peanut buttery facts. What peanut butter person are you? Crunchy or creamy? I have never been able to choose! I love them both so much. But apparently there are very strong opinions and debates on the matter. It would seem men prefer crunchy over smooth, while women and children prefer smooth over crunchy.
3 fun things to know about peanut butter.
- Archibutyrophobia (pronounced A’-ra-kid-bu-ti-ro-pho-bi-a …. I dare you pronounce it!) is the fear of….wait for it… peanut butter geting stuck to the roof of your mouth!
- Peanut is not a nut, it’s just really good as disguising as one. Peanuts are legumes. Which makes the next sentence even funnier….
- Peanuts are the most popular ‘nut’ choice in the US, making up for about 67% of all nut consumption. Well done for a nut that’s not a nut.
If all this peanut butter talk has left you craving, here’s 4 peanut butter recipe ideas:
PS. In case you’re wondering what’s on my list of 3 things I cannot live without.
- creamy peanut butter
- crunchy peanut butter
- roasted peanuts
Peanut butter jam protein smoothie
- 2 frozen banans, cut into chuncks
- 1 handful roasted peanuts
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 2 scoops of your fav protein (I used sprouted pea protein)
- 1 flat TBSP cacao
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- 2 handfuls frozen raspberries
- Add 1 handful raspberries to thaw in the microwave for few seconds.
- Mash them with a fork. Set aside.
- Add banana, almond milk, peanuts and protein powder to the blender and whiz until smooth. If needed, add a bit more almond milk – depends on the size of your bananas.
- Pour half the smoothie in a cup.
- Blend remaining half with cacao and pour in your smoothie jar.
- Add puffed quinoa and top with the other half of the smoothie.
- Add mashed raspberries on top.
- Add the remaining half of frozen raspberries on top.
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for delicious, plant based, whole foods.