My favorite quick breakfast is either a big BIG gorgeous, filling smoothie, or a colorful, sexy giant bowl of seasonal fruits, or a creamy, spiced up porridge. They fill me up with a whole lot of goodness at the start of the day, they give me energy, boost my happiness levels (you didn’t know?) and help my tummy work well all day.
And that, my lovely friends, is why I talk & write a lot about smoothies, fruits and, well, today, porridge.
This porridge is purrfect for both lazy mornings when you don’t feel like cooking, as well as for the busy ones when you don’t have time for breakfast and need one on the go. It can easily be made a day ahead, scooped into a jar, covered and refrigerated.
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut shreds
- 2 TBSP linseed
- 1 big red apple
- 1 medium pear
- 1/3 tsp green cardamom, ground
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 TBSP sweetener of choice (raw honey, pure agave)
- chia seeds
- Optional: bee pollen, sweetener of choice
- Soak your buckwheat overnight in 2 to 3 cups of water.
- Drain and rinse the second day.
- Add all the ingredients for the porridge to a high speed blender and whiz until it becomes creamy and smooth in texture. (If you blender is not very powerful, you might need to add a bit of extra water to make the porridge smooth. Add only a bit at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.)
- Scoop into jars or bowls and add toppings.