Are you ready for what is probably the most delicious oat breakfast in the land?! This is just heaven.
On Sunday I was feeling a little bit down so consequently I spent the entire day cooking. This crumble is one of the delicious things I managed to whip up. I cannot believe I have never made or ate a crumble before! #wherehaveyoubeenallmylife! The sweet stickiness of the baked strawberries. The golden crunchiness of the oats. The creaminess of the coconut yogurt. And to top all the goodness, the most amazing strawberry jam!
Not sure how I got the idea of baking strawberries before mixing them with chia seeds for jam. But I am so thankful for that stroke of genius. This is next level jam! So good you will just want to eat it by the spoonful. Again. And again. And again. So make plenty of it.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I currently am.
Oat and hemp strawberry crumble with baked strawberry jam
Ingredients for jam
- 4 handfuls strawberries, roughly chopped
- seeds of one vanilla bean
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
Ingredients for crumble
- 4 big handfuls strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- seeds of 7 green cardamom pods, finely ground
- pinch of sea salt
- 5 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP pomegranate molasses
- 1/3 cup water
- To serve: coconut yogurt, fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make the jam, mix the strawberries with vanilla and coconut sugar and place in a pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until nicely roasted and jammy.
- When ready, roughly blitz them in a blender. Pour in a bowl and mix in the chia seeds. Set aside.
- While the strawberries are roasting, line a pan with baking paper. A 22x22cm is perfect for this.
- Add the strawberries to a bowl with cinnamon, chia seeds and coconut sugar. Toss to cover and place in the pan.
- To a dry bowl, add the oats, coconut, hemp, coconut sugar, cinnamon, turmeric, green cardamom and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- To the same bowl, add the coconut oil, pomegranate molasses and water.
- Mix well until you get a crumbly ‘dough’. Spread this evenly on top of the strawberries and gently pat down.
- When the strawberries are finished baking, add the crumble to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- When the crumble has finished baking, divide into bowls, serve with coconut yogurt, strawberry jam and fresh mint.