You know those mornings when you find out you’re out of your favorite yogurt onto which to sprinkle your favorite granola? And poor planning left you without awesome chia pudding. To boot, you obviously didn’t think ahead to make some overnight oats or buckwheat porridge. Busy days, busier evenings, can leave us in a pickle the next day when breakfast o’clock inevitably strikes. It can even seem the whole world is crumbling down. Or at least the day.
But fear not! There is a nutritious, filling concoction that you can make, that requires no advance preparation, little time to put together (like….5 minutes!), that can be made with almost anything you picked up from the farmers markets and one that’s beautiful when topped with granola, coconut flakes and whatever superfoods you fancy. The smoothie bowl! The best thing that ever happened to a smoothie.
I made this smoothie bowl with some of my favorite super nutritious smoothie ingredients: kale, blueberries, matcha and nanas. But you can definitely make your favorite smoothie, just make it a bit thicker than usual.
- To make the smoothie:
- 1 big kale leaf
- 1 big ripe banana
- 1 green pear (or apple)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- juice of 1 orange
- handful of fresh mint
- 1 tsp matcha green tea
- 1 cups water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings: your favorite granola (if you can make that sugar free the better as the smoothie is already sweet), coconut flakes, goji berries, bee pollen and anything else you fancy
- Blend all the ingredients for the smoothie (except chia seeds) until thick and smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and mix in the chia seeds. Set aside for a couple of minutes.
- Pour into 2 serving bowls and add toppings.
- Serve right away.