Is anyone still here? Anyone still reading my blog, considering the last post was almost a month ago?! 🙂 You might think I’ve been lazy or maybe I’m not keen on the blog anymore, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. I’ve missed it like crazy!! I’ve just been incredibly busy setting up my first little cute & cosy shop!! YAY! Yes, I did just say shop. An actual shop. It’s a shop filled with healthy foods – anything from raw takeaway breakfast and lunch options (think yummy chia pots, raw pancakes filled with fruits and nut butters, buckwheat/brown rice/legumes/quinoa salads, raw noodles), kind mylkshakes and heaps of gorgeous raw desserts! I still cannot believe I am living this dream, that my work is my passion and that my work does not feel like work at all. And that it only took a leap of faith.
I could go on an on and on about it, but if you’re in Perth, stop by RawbyChris and check it out yourself. Now I need to talk to you about gorgeous smoothie bowls.
I’m a huge fan of smoothies bowls because it’s basically two of my favourite foods in one: a smoothie and granola. When you can’t decide which one, this is how to have them both in a delicious and stunning breakfast. And if you’ve made plenty of smoothie bowls by now, all one coloured, maybe it’s time to fancy it up and upgrade to multicoloured bowls! Life’s multicoloured, shouldn’t your smoothies bowls be too? Big yes from me!
I used my Matcha Fields Granola as a topping for this smoothie bowl because the flavours are simply beautiful together and because I can never have enough matcha/ginger/ lemon breakfasts to put that extra zing in my mornings. And because those colours! Oh, those colours are beyond gorgeous together.
Hippie breakfast bowl
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup homemade lemonade (lemon, coconut sugar, water – adjust to taste to your preference)
- 1 small green apple
- small handful of sprouts (sunflower shoots)
- 3 cm piece of cucumber
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 1 plum
- handful blueberries
- Toppings: RawbyChris Matcha Fields Granola & few fresh grapes
- Add all your ingredients to a blender, except the plum, blueberries and toppings.
- Blitz for few seconds until you get a smooth smoothie.
- Scoop out two thirds of the smoothie in a jar. Add the plum and blueberries to the remaining smoothie and blitz until smooth. Scoop in a jar.
- To get a perfectly divided 2-coloured smoothie bowl, pour both smoothies in your chosen bowl at the same time, from opposite sides, slowly and evenly.
- Top with
yourmy favourite granola. 🙂