Phew. I’m snuggled up on my couch, under a soft blanket, with a hot cup of tea, after a busy busy busy full day. I can now finally have a moment to myself, a moment when I can sit down, just breathe, relax and share something yummy with you.
This morning I made myself a pretty potent concoction, with tremendous antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Let’s call it a smoothie. It had an absolutely gorgeous and berry-like taste and was very (very) filling.
- Matcha green tea powder – a super cool potent powder full of crazy sexy health benefits. You can read more about it here.
- Berries – low in calories, high in fiber and super high in antioxidants.
- Spinach – nutrient dense leaves, rich in vitamins C and K and many minerals, among which iron.
- Turmeric – a potent anti-inflammatory that contains powerful antioxidants.
- Cinnamon – a warming spice that helps digestion and eases inflammation, helping to reduce muscle or joint pain and stiffness.
It will keep you full and happy way past lunch time.
- Couple of handfuls of spinach
- 1 small apple, cored
- 1 banana
- 1 orange, peeled & pitted
- handful of frozen berries
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp matcha
- Optional: 1 tsp bee pollen
- 2 cups water
- Toppings: anything you want – mint, goji berries, other types of berries
- Chuck all to blender and whiz up.
- Enjoy with sunshine!