Good morning everyone! It’s book review time on the big ol’ blog. I recently got my hands on the I Quit Sugar Smoothie ebook and had some fun with it over the past week. Which translates into I-had-a-lotta-smoothies-and-that-makes-me-happy!
I’ve made few smoothies from the book and out of all, I photographed these two: Sarah’s green immunity blend (recipe below) & Make-me-Over Mojito smoothie (full of mint and ginger and greens and coconut water).
Make-me-over Mojito smoothie
So what is it that I like about this ebook? Well:
- It has a down to Earth approach to making smoothies and eating healthy – all the recipes are simple, with accessible ingredients and, as you’d expect, sugar contents are kept to a minimum.
- It’s full of handy tips and tricks, some of which I haven’t seen anywhere else; really great and really useful. Like have you ever thought of adding peas to your smoothies?! I haven’t, but I will!
- The folks behind the book love avocado and greens as much as I do.
- There’s extra recipes for cacao bukinis, almond milk and, don’t freak out now, savory smoothies! Yep, not sure if we should call them smoothies or soups, but definitely worth having them in your life.
- And it’s not pricey, which is always a good thing.
Now, onto the recipe. I chose to share this one with you because I loved it the most. It’s sweetened only with coconut water and I added some blended frozen organic berries to it as well. It also has my favorite ginger and turmeric combination!
Green Immunity Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric (recipe calls for 1/2 tsp but you can go crazy with turmeric)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- small handful of sprouts
- Optional: 1 cup berries (if using frozen berries, allow them to thaw a bit)
- Add everything to a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour into jars.
- Add berries and puree. Divide equally between jars and give them a swirl.
- Enjoy fresh.