This little concoction blew me away yesterday. Best afternoon fruit salad I ever made. Truly simple, yet every mouthful was bliss. Pure delicate, fruity pleasure. And I feel you must know about it. I want you to make it. I want you to enjoy it as much as I have. And will.
It’s really not even a recipe! Just few fruits put together that just so happen to create magical flavors. Thank YOU Mother Nature! The most amazing thing about this recipe is that it does not call for sweeteners at all. None. Just fruit goodness. Berries work best to make the sauce and also to serve on top, but really any fruit you have available should be absolutely amazing.
Coconut fruit salad with strawberry sauce
- 1 young coconut, flesh and water
- couple of handfuls of strawberries
- handful grapes
- 1/2 apple, finely diced
- fresh mint
- Crack open your young coconut, pour the water in a bowl and scoop out the flesh. Clean the flesh and pop it in the blender with 1/2 cup coconut water.
- Blend the coconut meat until super soft and creamy. Scoop it in a bowl.
- Add a handful of strawberries to the blender and blitz them until you get a fine puree. Scoop it on top of the coconut cream.
- Add your chosen fruit toppings, fresh mint and enjoy.