Have you ever had the urge to lick clean the inside of a jar? A dessert plate yes, we’ve all been there, scraping everylittledeliciouscrumb. But have you ever had the same urge after drinking a smoothie? I found myself doing that this morning. My entire arm, shoulder length, was inside the empty jar before I realized what was happening. Do I feel any shame? Ha, try proud and naughty! Someone should invent a squeezable jar. Or a cup. Or glass. Really, it’s time. We live in an era of amazing smoothies and I ain’t gonna waste a single drop of mine!
This gorgeous, creamy concoction is made of only 4 ingredients. 4 ingredients + 1 minute = jar full of bliss.
Coconut dessert smoothie
- 1 young coconut, water and flesh
- 1 banana
- 1 TBSP maca powder
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- optional toppings: maple syrup & cacao nibs
- Crack open your coconut. Strain the water to make sure it doesn’t have any impurities. And clean the flesh to make sure it doesn’t have pieces of shell.
- Add coconut water and meat to the blender with the rest of the ingredients and blitz.
- Serve right away.
- Tip: best to use a chilled young coconut.