This mousse is super smooth and silky. Thank heavens for avocados and (frozen) bananas! It’s slightly sweet and zesty and when served chilled (meaning right away) it’s pure magic; simply melts in your mouth. It’s great served with goji berries and walnuts to add a bit of crunch and a nutrition boost. What am I talking about? Not only walnuts and berries, but the entire concoction is a mega nutrition boost successfully disguised as a dessert!
Oh, and it’s also super easy to make, but what else is new? Under 10 minutes, ready to serve, raw, healthy desserts are a staple in my kitchen.
You can have this for breakfast or as an after lunch dessert. If you’d like to have it after dinner, I’d suggest you skip the matcha tea. Unless you’re planning to stay awake for a good part of the night for whatever reason.
- 1 avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP liquid sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup, agave)
- 1/4 tsp matcha green tea powder
- Toppings of choice. I went for superfoods like chia seeds, goji berries and walnuts.
- Add all ingredients to a powerful blender and whiz up for few seconds, until you get a silky smooth mousse that has a texture similar to a soft serve ice cream (only slightly softer).
- Add toppings of choice and serve immediately.